Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Lab!

I am sitting in the campaigns labs at 2 p.m. on a Saturday. I have been here since 10:30 with all of my group. As it gets to the end we have all come together. Luckily I like my group otherwise I would have gone crazy by now.

This lab has been home for hours this week. In fact last night we just had pizza delivered to the lab. Hopefully my professor will not tell on us when she reads this, because food is techically illegal, but without it we would have gone insane.

I am on the editing team, so we have spent the hours pouring over numerous documents looking for spelling errors, and the infamous AP style. Without food my brian would not have been able to function.

I love/hate this lab. It has been helpful and a great central meeting place. However after hours in this confined room I feel like I am going crazy. I need to run screaming through the halls just to show myself that I can. I could leave the room at any point, but instead I sit here staring at this screen.

The computer has short walls coming out on each side closing me in. I sort of feel like I am in jail. I have to keep reminding myself that I will be released soon.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

We're free! I know exactly what you mean about the lab though. Hours would go by without me even realizing how much time was passing since there are no windows to the outside world. I hope your thesis goes well. I will miss spending hours and hours at a time, locked up and fighting the printer with you!